School Tours and Information Sessions (virtual only in 2020)
We are happy to explain what makes our school so special! Crestmont requires attendance at an Admissions event before your application can be considered. This year, Crestmont will be holding virtual Q&As and information sessions during which prospective families will learn about our program, hear from teachers and staff, and answer all your questions. In-person events will resume at a later date.
Take a virtual tour of our campus and classrooms!
How to Apply
1. You are required to attend an Admissions event as part of the application process (see above).
2. Complete your application online. Applications for the 2021-2022 school year are due by Friday, January 22, 2021. Please note there is a non-refundable application fee of $75 which can be paid online via PayPal.
3. Fill out your portion of the teacher recommendation form, then ask your child’s current teacher to complete and return it directly to Crestmont by the application deadline of January 22, 2021. Your child cannot be considered for admission until the teacher recommendation, application, and fee have all been received.
- Download the EBISA teacher recommendation form for Kindergarten (PDF)
- Download the EBISA teacher recommendation form for grades 1-7 (PDF)
4. If your child has had an outside educational assessment, please submit a copy to Crestmont with your application.
5. Those applying to 5-8th grade will be asked to provide a copy of their child’s most recent report card.
7. Your child will be invited to visit the classroom or attend an evaluation session in January or February 2021. More details will be shared at a later date.
8. Crestmont follows the same notification dates and guidelines as many other private schools in the East Bay and will offer admission on Thursday, March 18, 2021. Families will then have until Thursday, March 25, 2021 to respond. Some families may be put on a waiting list and will be offered admission as openings occur. Applications submitted later in the year are evaluated on a rolling basis.
If applying for kindergarten:
Applicants for kindergarten are scheduled in small groups to meet with teachers for 90 minutes. The visits are scheduled on Saturdays and after school. Parents remain on campus and have a chance to talk with the Admissions staff and the Head of School. To be considered for admission to kindergarten, a child must be five years old by October 31st of their kindergarten year. Exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis.
If applying for grades one through eight:
A visit is arranged for your child to spend time at Crestmont in their current grade classroom. The visit will be for either a few hours, or a full day, depending on their grade level.