School Tours and Information Sessions (virtual only in 2020)
We are happy to share what makes our school so special! Crestmont requires attendance at an Admissions event before your application can be considered. This year, Crestmont will be holding virtual Q&As and information sessions so prospective families can learn about our program, hear from teachers and staff, and have questions answered. In-person events will resume at a later date.
Take a peek at our outdoor classrooms!
How to Apply
1. You are required to attend an Admissions event as part of the application process (see above).
2. Complete your application online. Applications for the 2021-2022 school year are due by Friday, January 22, 2021. Please note there is a non-refundable application fee of $75 which can be paid online via PayPal.
3. Fill out your portion of the teacher recommendation form, then ask your child’s current teacher to complete and return it directly to Crestmont Admissions at email@example.com. Your child cannot be considered for admission until the teacher recommendation, application, and fee have all been received.
- Download the EBISA teacher recommendation form for Kindergarten (PDF)
- Download the EBISA teacher recommendation form for grades 1-7 (PDF)
4. If your child has had an outside educational assessment, please submit a copy to Crestmont with your application.
5. Those applying to 5th-8th grade will be asked to provide a copy of their child’s most recent progress report or report card.
6. Those interested in financial aid should follow the process described here. The deadline to apply for Financial Aid is Monday, February 8.
7. Your child will be invited to meet with the teacher virtually in February 2021.
8. Crestmont follows the same notification dates and guidelines as many other private schools in the East Bay and will offer admission on Thursday, March 18, 2021. Families will then have until Thursday, March 25, 2021 to respond. Some families may be put on a waiting list and will be offered admission as openings occur. Applications submitted later in the year are evaluated on a rolling basis.
If applying for Kindergarten:
This year, applicants for kindergarten will be scheduled in small groups to meet with teachers for 30 minutes via Zoom. The visits are scheduled on a Saturday morning in February and March. To be considered for admission to kindergarten, a child must be five years old by October 31st of their kindergarten year. Exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis.
If applying for Grades One through Eight:
A virtual visit will be arranged for your child to meet with our Humanities and our Math & Sciences teachers for 30 minutes via Zoom.