Crestmont School Profile
Crestmont School is a cooperative K-5 elementary school located in the scenic hills of Richmond, California.
It was founded in 1969 with the goal of creating an environment that would encourage curiosity, critical thinking, community spirit, and academic excellence for children of all backgrounds.
- Every child is recognized, included, and supported for who they are.
- Crestmont teachers use authentic assessment and provide extensive narrative reports and conferences on children’s progress.
- Frequent field trips provide meaningful opportunities for learning.
- Students’ opinions are valued. Teachers seek student input and promote student leadership on school decisions.
- We value and encourage parent participation, with a wide range of options for involvement.
- We practice conflict resolution among our children, as well as among parents and our overall community.
- We develop children’s capacity for listening to each other, speaking up, and relating to adults. Our children are taught to be kind, respectful citizens and leaders.
- Over Crestmont’s long and rich history, we have created and sustained unique community traditions.
- Multi-age classes, activities, and play are integral to Crestmont’s philosophy.
- In our curriculum, community activities, and admissions process we have a strong commitment to racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and family diversity.
- We provide a high quality education for a reasonable price.
(Kindergarten) 10-15 students. Adult to Child Ratio 1:4
Kindergarten: $11,170 per year
Grades one through five: $11,330 per year
8% sibling discount
Families Receiving Tuition Assistance
Parent Participation Tuition Credit
$8.00/hour (participation on the board also earns tuition credits)
Prior to the start of the school year, our kindergarten teacher schedules home visits for each new incoming kindergartner. She spends time with each child at their home so that when the children enter their first day at the school, they’ve already have a personal connection and are familiar with their teacher. Kindergarten families are welcomed at a new families’ play date after admission, and encouraged to hold play dates with new classmates over the summer. Later in the summer a class picnic is held for each grade just before the school year begins.
View the recent video about the Crestmont kindergarten transition: http://crestmontschool.org/school/videos
Read about our teachers
Crestmont School is a member of the East Bay Independent Schools Association (EBISA) and complies with EBISA rules and uses EBISA forms to help ease the amount paperwork for preschool teachers.
- Download the EBISA teacher recommendation form for Kindergarten (PDF)
- Download the EBISA teacher recommendation form for grades 1-8 (PDF)
Email Admissions or call (510) 221-6760 to schedule a tour.