Admissions Process for Entering the 2014-2015 School Year
Children of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to Crestmont School. To be considered for admission to kindergarten, a child must be five years old by December 31st.
1. Schedule and attend a tour of the school. School tours are held in the morning from 9:30-11:00am.
- New tour dates to be determined by end of August.
To schedule a tour, please email us or call our admissions voice mail at (510) 221-6760. Tours are limited to small groups, so please reserve a space early.
2. Attend one of our Information Events. Our Information Events will be held on:
- Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:30am-12:00pm
- Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:00-8:30pm
You may attend an Information Event prior to attending a tour. Though not required, we do recommend that you attend both a tour and an Information Event.
3. Complete your application online along with a non-refundable $50 online payment and a recent photograph of your child. Our application deadline is Monday, February 4, 2013.
4. Fill out your portion of the teacher recommendation form, then ask your child’s current teacher to complete and return it directly to Crestmont. Your child cannot be considered for admission until the teacher recommendation, application, and fee have all been received.
5. Your child will be invited to attend an evaluation session.
If applying for kindergarten:
Your child will attend an evaluation session in a group of approximately 10 to 12 children. Children are observed for kindergarten readiness. The activities during these sessions are playful and fun, and include circle time, snack, free play and an art activity.
Kindergarten evaluations will be on:
- Saturday, February 2, 2013 9:00-10:45am
- Saturday, February 9, 2013 9:00-10:45am or 11:30am-1:15pm
If applying for grades first through fifth:
A visit is arranged for your child to spend time at Crestmont in their current grade classroom. The visit will be for either a few hours, or a full day, depending on their grade level.
6. Crestmont offers admission in March, following notification dates and guidelines that all EBISA schools follow. Some families are put on a waiting list. Crestmont offers admission to families from the waiting list as openings occur.
- Download the EBISA teacher recommendation form for Kindergarten (PDF)
- Download the EBISA teacher recommendation form for grades 1-8 (PDF)
Financial Aid Materials
- Download Financial Aid Application 2013-2014 (MS Word)
- Download Financial_Aid_Application_2013-2014 (Alternate PDF version)
- SSS Parents’ Financial Statement for School Year 2013-2014
If you have any questions about admissions at Crestmont, please email or call the Crestmont Admissions voice mail at (510) 221-6760.